Occasionally, something breaks. It happens to everyone. However – when it is your water line, or any other part of your Katy Texas home’s plumbing you are going to need professional help – and fast! But how do you know which plumber you should hire?
Here are 8 tips on hiring the perfect plumber:
- Check for Licensure
- You want to make sure that your plumber is actually qualified. Just like teachers need to be certified to teach, your plumber needs to have a mastery of their trade.
- Most states in the U.S. require all plumbers to hold a license, including Texas. If your plumber in the Katy area doesn’t hold a license, that should be your first red flag.
- Make Sure the Company is Insured
- Having a fully insured plumber on the job protects you and the plumber from major and minor accidents on the job.
- Knowing your plumber is fully insured provides you the peace of mind to move forward with the job. If the contractor damages your driveway while replacing a sewer line, or breaks a skylight working in your attic – can they afford to repair or replace it out of pocket? Why risk that.
- Check Online Reviews and Ask the Plumber for References
- Always find out what other customers are saying. Are they happy with the service they received? Google and Facebook reviews are a perfect resource to establish trust based on other’s experience with this contractor.
- After receiving an estimate – it’s also a good idea to ask for 3 references. Don’t be afraid to check them out.
- Ask How Long They’ve Been in Business
- It’s important you hire a plumber with experience. This is especially true depending on the caliber and complexity of the job. As with any professional you hire – with experience comes wisdom and efficiency in their trade skill.
- Do they Offer a Warranty
- If your plumber is confident in their trade and would like to be rehired in the future, they will want to guarantee their job was worth your money and time.
- If the plumber does not offer a warranty, that should sound off some warning bells and you should consider hiring another professional Katy plumber instead.
- A warranty is necessary, as it gives you peace of mind and instils trust that the plumber is reliable.
- The plumber may also benefit from a good review, possible referral business, and much more if you’re happy with their work and feel protected by their job warranty.
- A Positive Rapport Counts
- It’s important that you are comfortable interacting with the plumber you hire. You don’t have to be best friends, but if they have good “people skills” – you’re more likely to hire them again in the future.
- Make sure that the cost of their service is transparent. Nobody appreciates hidden expenses. Never agree to work with a plumber who will not provide at least a ballpark estimate after appraising your job!
- Convenient Hours
- It is impossible to anticipate a broken water pipe, or a clogged toilet. If you want maximum peace of mind, you should work with a plumber with the expertise to resolve your plumbing issues quickly and efficiently.
If you want to hire an insured plumber with experience, great personal skills, convenient hours, and affordable rates – look no further than Acosta Plumbing Solutions.
We’ve been proudly serving the Greater Katy and surrounding communities for over 20 years!
Be sure to check out some more of our general plumbing tips next!